53 luxury units (some have garages) – no meals – life right units
Prices are adjusted annually
Serena I: 40 apartments and prices
4x Studio’s – from R 695,000
8x One bedroom – from R 920,000
13x Two bedroom – from R 1,038,000
11x Two bedroom (large) – from R 1,200,000
4x Three bedroom – from R1,360,000
Garage – from R98,000
Serena II: 13 apartments and prices
3x One bedroom – from R 920,000
8x Two bedroom (large) – from R 1,038,000
2x Three bedroom – from R 1,360,000
Garage – from R 98,000
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
- Serena 1 life right units are managed through elected Trustees and Serena 2 through a Management Committee.
- Only life right options are available: Utilitas is responsible for the resale of the unit. The owner will be reimbursed with the original capital amount plus a 25% profit sharing. The life right agreement is in the resident’s name, even if a relative / other person pays the purchase price. Upon resale/death, the amount is paid into the resident's bank account/estate.
- At signing of the contract, a deposit of 10% of the purchase price is payable, and the full purchase price must be paid within 6 weeks, otherwise, the deposit will be forfeited.
- A non-refundable entrance fee of R10,050 is payable with the first month's levy account.
- A levy is paid monthly and is calculated according to the size / square meter of the apartment, including municipal services. Property taxes and electricity are charged separately.
Included in levy:
- 24-hour intercom service
- 24-hour access control, with a security service after hours/weekends and public holidays
- Limited on-site parking for guests
- Preferential admission to the Health Care Unit situated in the main building at Eureka Retirement Village
SENIOR CENTER SERVICES:
Buyers: Mandatory Membership to Senior Centre: R5 per person per month
Senior Centre Services includes:
- Catering facilities: Meals from Eureka Retirement Village’s main kitchen can be bought. Guests welcome. Tickets are bought at the kiosk and arranged with the kitchen.
- Laundry facilities at additional fee
- Clinic service situated on the 2nd floor. (Nursing services on request at additional costs)
- Foot Clinic
- Cleaning service on request
- Transport Service
- Hair Salon
Recreational Activities that form part of the Senior Centre:
- Wide range of sports and leisure activities
- Opportunities to practice interest and hobbies
- Sales and fundraising projects
- Tours and excursions
- Social groups and functions
- Groups e.g. common needs / interests
- Church Services
- Integration with Voluntary Relief Service
- Monthly newsletter
- Application forms for persons 55 years and older are accepted
- Residents are still allowed to work
- Admission according to need / financial readiness
- Applicants will be subjected to an interview with a Social Development Officer and subject to the findings of the officer, a decision will be taken as to whether or not the applicant qualifies for accommodation.